Monday 12 October 2015

SELF EVALUATION ON FRONT COVER & CONTENTS PAGE

SELF EVALUATION

In my magazine I wanted to achieve a professional edit look, I wanted to achieve this look because it makes my blog look more on the experienced side. Having a good start on how to create a magazine makes you learn more things when it comes to making more in the future, the more you push yourself the more you will learn to use the tools. In my contents page I learnt how to adjust the opacity of something whether it’s a photograph or just a box. Another thing I learnt on indesign is that every time you design a page you have to use gutters, which allows you place everything evenly so it is not placed anywhere all over the page.
In my opinion my front cover is designed well and the colour scheme correlates with Image used, further more I believe that all of the things placed on my page is laid out neatly. This is important because it gives the cover a professional look. Also I used a puff on the bottom of my front cover to grab the readers attention because there could be something important inside the magazine. I used the same colour as the masthead for the puff to create that link creating a colour scheme effect. One thing I did not like about my front cover is some of the tones in the colour scheme were too light and could be hard to see for some people. Also I could of added a price tag onto my cover page because if the magazine costs more than the person expected then they might complain and avoid buying the magazine. My contents Page has a good colour scheme correlating to the lockers in the photograph. The designed text boxes in the centre have been matched with the colour of the lockers by using the eyedropper tool.
My peers pointed out that the photograph in the main cover has 3 different shades of pink which kind of confuses the person that’s looking at it what is the colour scheme. Another thing they said was that I should add more images to my contents page, because it doesn’t tell us a lot about the college only that we have lockers and we do work on computers. I need to add some documentary styled photography where their social life is captured.

Firstly, one thing I personally think I can improve on is, placing the sell line in a different place because it was placed awkwardly on top of the mast head on the front cover. Secondly, the placing of the pages on the contents page is too close to the edge of the box leaving the rest of the box kind of empty. Lastly, I believe that I can improve on the font size. The font size is very small however I don’t think that’s a big problem because the demographic of the magazine has good eye sight, not all but most. 

1 comment:

  1. There is some useful reflection here on the college magazine task and I am pleased to see that you have used technical media language in the evaluation. Your draw on audience feedback, which seems to have been helpful, and set yourself relevant targets. Vanessa

    ReplyDelete