Saturday 17 October 2015

Magazine Masthead Practice

Today in lesson I learnt how to use adobe illustrator to design my masthead (shout out to Tom the technician for the workshop!) 

We used a website called color.adobe.com which showed complementary colours when you picked one. This tool to use is useful so you know that the colours you pick will look good on your front cover, contents page and double page spread. 

I learnt a lot of things such as how to space out each letter from eachother. Also how to add stuff, delete stuff and so on... 

Overall I don't think I'm going to use this masthead as my final one because I wasn't very pleased with the outcome. One of the things I don't like about it is that I added too many things on it, making it too visually busy. For my magazine I am going for a not over the top and not visually busy look. I'm chose a look like that because I want it to correspond to house music which is stylish and not over the top. Another thing I did not like is the colour, even though I want one colour masthead this one looks very boring and not stylish. I'm going to try and experiment with different colours and different font designs to suit my likings. 

All of these images are my progress of my I got from a simple word that said "BassMagg" to a interesting design that however does not suit the house music theme 






No comments:

Post a Comment